Organic molecules have been spotted on the dwarf planet Ceres. The discovery was made by the Dawn mission, which has previously found evidence of water ice at the planet’s poles and carbonate minerals, that appear to be responsible for the mysterious bright spots on the surface. Taken together, astronomers say that Ceres now has the ingredients and favorable conditions for life.
Continue Reading Organic molecules found on Ceres suggest life-friendly conditions
- Essential feature of life detected outside our solar system
- The aliens are from Earth
- Churchill on space travel, habitable exoplanets and alien life
- Is ET dead – and are we next?
- Alien contact not likely for another 1,500 years say scientists
- Stephen Hawking’s space probes eye the express lane to neighboring stars