Underwater drones can be mighty useful for exploring the oceans, finding fish or filming scuba divers but they do have some drawbacks, namely how far they can travel on each charge. A startup spun out of MIT has built what could be a game-changer for these types of watercraft, in the form of a power system that drinks in seawater to activate a battery that offers a tenfold increase on range.
Continue Reading Underwater drone battery drinks seawater to cover longer distances
- $200 Scorkl offers 10 minutes of underwater breathing
- A stay at the Planet Ocean Underwater Hotel will be a drop in the ocean
- Underwater drone swims with – and LIKE – the fishes
- Researchers develop high-performance underwater glue inspired by mussels
- Underwater chemical garden powers a light bulb
- Trident ROV may be that underwater drone you’ve been looking for