Verily, an independent subsidiary of Google’s parent company Alphabet, has just launched its Debug Fresno project, which will see the release of 20 million sterile male mosquitoes across two neighborhoods in Fresno Country, California. This will be the largest mosquito field study ever conducted in the US with an aim of curbing the population of the disease-carrying insect.
Continue Reading 20 million sterile mosquitoes to be released in California
- Secrets of mosquito flight captured on high-speed cameras
- Packable device keeps mosquitoes away in the boonies
- ZappLight bulb turns ordinary lamps into bug-killers
- Low-cost smartphone device seeks out Zika
- Catching the sun, to catch mosquitos
- Mosquito inspires near-painless hypodermic needle